You may have noticed some of your friends have their family members listed on the sidebar of their Facebook profile pages. This is a great way to help close friends and family find other family members once they’ve located you. It’s also a nice way to publicly recognize family members and their connection to you. Here are some tips on how to add family members to your Facebook profile:
First, you’re going to want to log in to Facebook. If you haven’t already created your basic profile or set up an account, do so; you’ll need one to add these family members to.
Once that’s done, here are the steps you need to take to edit family members that appear on your Facebook profile:
- Click on the Edit My Profile link located to the right of your picture on the left side of the home page.
- Locate and select the Friends and Family option in the sidebar located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Start entering a relative’s name in the empty white field located within the Family section in the center of the page.
- Once you’ve entered their name and selected their profile, you can add additional family members using the link directly below the field.
- When everyone has been added, select the Save Changes button. This will send requests to each of them asking them to approve the connection.
- You can check your main profile by going back to the home page and clicking your name located next to your photo on the left-hand side.
- The family listing should appear near the bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
Once everything is done, you should have your family members proudly added to your Facebook profile page. Now if Aunt Dottie signs up for Facebook, it will be easier for her to find everyone else once she’s added her favorite niece or nephew. Isn’t that great?